[Artemisia] Volunteering at Estrella

julia.jackman-brink "julia.jackman-brink" at umontana.edu
Tue Dec 9 10:03:42 CST 2003

Rick Olson wrote:
>     For everyone that has already made the commitment to Volunteer at
> Estrella, Vivat! I have already gotten a wonderful response from this
> Kingdom, with people volunteering in many areas. Makes me proud to be
> an Artemisian.

I would also like to add that we are still in search for volunteers for
the Arts and Sciences portion of Estrella as well. In addition to the
call that was made for for teachers and artisans, Artemisia needs
entrants for this competition.  Information on the competition is posted
on the Kingdom Estrella War website. Please consider sharing your art
with the Known World.

The Treaty also states that Artemisia must provide the following
specifically for the War Point Competition on Saturday.

2 Judges for Middle Eastern Costuming
1 Judge for Book Binding
1 Judge for Crowns and Coronets

If you have knowledge in these areas and will be at Estrella, please
consider volunteering to judge or enter these categories!!  The past two
years, the final outcome of the War has been decided with the Arts
Point, which makes it very important that Artemisia participates and is
represented.

Every person who judges and helps out, gets full volunteer credit for
those hours that they are working, running, judging, etc.  There will
also be a fully catered luncheon for the judges and staff (graciously
provided by the Atenveldt A&S staff) to help us in our endeavour.  Last
year over 100 of the volunteer hours, Artemisia got credit for came
through the Arts and Sciences.

It is alot of work to run a competition of this size so if you can help
Artemisia out in this area please let me know as soon as possible. Every
person who volunteers makes it a little easier for everyone else to have
a good War. :)

Baroness Juliana
Artemisian Kingdom Minister for the Arts & Sciences