[Artemisia] Glory

Ellen Stavash EStavash at msn.com
Mon Dec 22 13:24:46 CST 2003

Glory is traditionally held over 4th of July weekend in Buford Wyoming, which is in the Barony of Unser Hafen. They haven't published any information on the event yet, but you could call or email the senechal or other officers to confirm the status of the event. Their website is www.unserhafen.org .

The rumor you have heard is not exactly about moving Glory, but about a possible interkingdom war to be held between An Tir, Artemisia and the Outlands on 4th of July weekend.  Right now this is mostly just talk, and we still don't know if we'll be able to make this happen, since there are a lot of logistics problems in planning an Estrella-sized event. (Airport access is a big one-- the event would have to be held near Boise or Salt Lake if it were to happen, and there would have to be widespread support and commitment within the sponsoring group.)  If all were to go very well, such an event might be held as early as 2005, but certainly not sooner.  An Tir and the Outlands have agreed that if we actually get this Northern War up and running, they will cancel their traditional 4th of July events in order to participate in it.  However, I'm sure they won't change their calendars until we actually make the event happen.

I hope this helps,
Ellen