[Artemisia] Loch Salann Winter Solstice Court

Jefferson Crow ravenmacleod at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 16:42:32 CST 2003

    When the sun dips to the south and the snow begins
to fall, and everywhere one sees the effects of Father
Winter taking his toll on the land. He waves his
mighty wand and all too suddenly the world begins to
take rest, to hibernate for the season, awaiting its
time for rebirth. But NOT HERE. Not a chance. When the
world falls to its most silent, we invite all from far
and wide to celebrate with us, The Barony of Loch
Salann. Not rain, nor sleet nor fog of night will keep
the hearth fires cold this night for we urge all to
bring their tales and merriment in the guise of
something you'd dare not attire in on other occasions.

    Roughly translated, this means the theme of the
evening is "Come as you aren't" (ranks and titles
excluded, of course). Challenge your imagination, test
your knowledge, dig into the books and find a persona
you've only dreamed of trying out. Of course, one will
not be turned away for staying tried and true to their
own. There will be a bardic, there will be a feast,
with any luck, there will also be a snowball fight.
    There will also be a miniature model castle/siege
engine competition. The rules:
1. Siege engine will shoot only items provided by
event steward. (imagine something the size of a
fun-size candy bar, for example)
2. Siege engines will be tested on accuracy by
shooting targets of small penents also provided by
event steward.
3. Castles must not be larger than 3x3x3 feet. Siege
engines must not exceed 2x2x2 feet.
4. Teams can be no larger than 3 persons.
5. Judging categories are:
    a. Most asthetically/heraldically pleasing.
    b. Most period built. (documentation is
welcome,but       not required.)
    c. Most accurate siege weapon.
    Obviously a team may have either a castle and/or a
siege weapon. They do not have to include both, but
are encouraged to.
    Children are also most welcome and will partake in activities of a
like nature to suit the theme of the event. Please remember to speak
with the children's ministers before your child participates to be
informed of any rules, such as parental participation, if required.
    Feast will be hosted to the first 100 persons who
pay prior to the event. This is a first come first
serve feast and the menu will be posted before the
event as well as at the door for those with more
sensitive tastes. Please visit the baronial web-page
for more information as it becomes available. This
site is discretely damp. For feast reservations, send
fee to:
 Lady Saige verch Laurens (Tracy Amadio)
 5026 W. Rock Ridge Ln.
 West Jordan, UT 84088
Feast is $6.00 per person. Makes checks payable to The
'Barony of Loch Salann, SCA Inc.'
Deadline for feast reservations is December 1st, 2003.

 When: December 13, 2003
 Time: open - 11am / close - 10pm
 How much: site; $5 for members/ $8 non members
Family cap of 2 adults and 2 paid children. Children
under 5 and under are free. Children 6-15 are $3.
 Where: St James Episcopal Church / 7486 S Union Park
Avenue, Sandy, Utah.
 From the North: Take I-15 heading South to the Sandy
I-215 exit heading East. Take the Union Park Avenue
Exit and turn Right heading South. Union Park Avenue
becomes 1300 East. The church will be on your right
across the street from the IHOP.
 From the South: Take I-15 heading North to the Sandy
I-215 exit heading East. Take the Union Park Avenue
Exit and turn Right heading South. Union Park Avenue
becomes 1300 East. The church will be on your right
across the street from the IHOP.
 From the West: While on I-80 through Parley's Canyon,
take the I-215 Belt Route South/West until you reach
the Union Park Avenue exit. Turn left onto Union Park
Avenue heading South. Union Park Avenue becomes 1300
East. The church will be on your right across the
street from the IHOP.
 From the East: Take I-15 heading South to the Sandy
I-215 exit heading East. Take the Union Park Avenue
Exit and turn Right heading South. Union Park Avenue
becomes 1300 East. The church will be on your right
across the street from the IHOP.
    The schedule of the days events will be posted on
the baronial website when it becomes available. Court
will of course be held at the whim of Their Majesties.

www.lochsalann.org

Merchants are also welcome. Please contact the event
steward for reservations as space is limited.

VOLUNTEERS ARE MOST WELCOME

If anyone would like to host a competition, event or
activity be it personally or through their Household,
please contact the event steward to be placed on the
schedule.

Event Steward: Tianna NiCoimin (Nikki McCorristin)
               801.463-6123 (please no calls after
9pm)
               NikkiPooHead at yahoo.com
Co-Steward:    Timmur (M.J. McCorristin)
               Timmur3 at yahoo.com
Feast Steward: Lady Voltarra Greyheart (Janet
Gustafson)
               801.355-3765 (please no calls after
9pm)
               jgustaf at peoplepc.com