[Artemisia] thought for discussion-

FactorOfSurprise at aol.com FactorOfSurprise at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 21:40:25 CST 2003

    On the subject of prowess, I think the essence with which it made it to
the list of chivalric qualities dealt with more than simply a matter of skill.
I think to have true prowess, you have to have a degree of bravery and a
hunger to keep improving - the fighter who teaches others his tricks because he
would rather be challenged than have an ace up his sleeve, the laurel who brings
her research and is willing to teach anyone interested everything she just
learned from a recently discovered obscure text.  I believe prowess entails
trying to help others improve, if for no other reason than their improvement will
force you to improve as well.

Bijou Jacqueline Josephine de Fontane