[Artemisia] Thought for discussion-

Iohne MacDhaibhidh iohne_macdhaibhidh at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 19:24:11 CST 2003

--- Greg Olsen <GregO at cfdebt.com> wrote:
> For the record, authors throughout the period the
> SCA covers had a wide and varied list of chivalric
> virtues <snip>

Prowesse, Humility, Honesty, Largesse, Nobility,
Franchise, Faith, Loyalty, Defense...

These comprise the list to which I personally ascribe.

For me, the definition of prowesse has little to do
with comparing oneself with another.  What it does
have to do with is comparing oneself to one's
potential.  Upholding the tennet of prowesse in my
eyes revolves around always doing the very best that I
can personally achieve in all of my aspirations.

While this definition could be applied to combat, it
is not limited to that one specific aspiration.

I guess it's best summed up with an old saying that my
father always used, "anything worth doing is worth
doing right."

-Iohne
Founder of Sainte Elize

=====
Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes.
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
Terream non malas.