[Artemisia] Re: thought for discussion-

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Thu Nov 6 06:11:07 CST 2003

I would, respectfully and politely, of course, disagree with Therasia and
Constance on a couple of points-

Therasia, an individual's opinion of themself is not a defining quality for
Peerage.  No matter how good Bubba thinks he is as a fighter, unless the
Chivalry agree, he won't ever be a Knight.  Many of us know a certain
artisan who thinks he/she has mastered his/her art and should be a Laurel,
but who in fact produces items that are mediocre at best, and not
Laurel-worthy.

Constance, while I agree that those who put forth more effort and struggle
to improve themselves DO deserve recognition, I believe that *when
discussing Peerages*, the bar must be set at the "top 10%" level.  Hasn't
the person who went to school to get a degree and the training in cooking or
historical research ALSO made the effort to improve themself?  Regardless of
how much effort "Phred" puts into his work, is it on par with the work of
other Laurels?

Lastly [this post anyway], I would ask everyone to remember that, while all
parts MUST be considered together, the idea of the discussion is to focus on
each individually, then discuss the whole afterwards.

Morgan Blaidd Du
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and
Baroness Rachel Ashton