[Artemisia] Thought for discussion-

julia.jackman-brink "julia.jackman-brink" at umontana.edu
Thu Nov 6 12:03:17 CST 2003

Morgan Wolf wrote:

> Dear Juliana, I think you misinterpreted my point, or perhaps I was not
> clear. *For this discussion*, I would like to focus on one aspect at a time, THEN
> look at the whole picture.

Agreed, but you also missed my point in that all the Chivalric Virtues
are connected, and taking them apart from one another will diminish or
distract the whole. It may be better to talk about how they interact
with each other rather than disecting them to fit each person's
indivdual tastes and ideals and then putting it back into the mix. No
one person is going to see them exactly like another, their order on
importance.

We incidentally did class sessions on this very topic, and we took a
different night for each of the Virtues to be discussed.  While
interesting, hearing all of the opinions and views, all of them came
back to the same spot: while individually important it was how they
interacted with each other that was paramount.

I turn the box back over to the forum, I'm done.  I have a class to
finish for Saturday. :)

Juliana