[Artemisia] Updated BOTE Birthday Event Announcement WITH feast

Tim Brunson simply_tim at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 11:53:24 CST 2003

My apologies if this posts twice. It was sent by
another individual but didn't appear to post.

Thomas

November 22, 2003	 	Pocatello, ID

The Barony of One Thousand Eyes invites you to
celebrate and
revel the Sweet Sixteenth birthday of our wonderful
barony.

Greetings unto one and all! The beautiful lands of the
Barony of One Thousand Eyes will turn Sweet Sixteen.
Their Excellencies Dietrich and Adelheid welcome one
and all to celebrate this joyous event. Many grand
activities are planned to celebrate this auspicious
occasion.
A hard suit Baronial Warlord Tourney in the
traditional style is planned. All are invited and
encouraged to enter this tourney, however only a
baronial member will be labeled the next Baronial
Warlord. Lady Katherine de l’Eau has graciously
offered to bake cheesecake and blueberry cheesecake as
a prize for this tourney. Yum!
Their Excellencies will also be polling the populace
to determine who the next recipient of the Peacock’s
Pride will be. Last year this honor was bestowed upon
Lady Zuzanne Suwalska.
Classes have also been planned as well as hound
coursing (weather permitting).
Beginning Dance
HL Tanglwyst will be teaching a class on the dances to
be done at the Ball that evening!  As per Their
Excellencies request, the dancing will be taking place
as before and as part of court, to insure the dancing
can be done by all! Dance Cards will be available.
There is also an unsubstantiated rumor of a Fool's
Ball trying to crash the party after court!  So, we'd
appreciate all dancers in the kingdom, and those who
have never even seen one, to be on hand to deal with
the Fool's Ball, should it try to happen!  You kind of
have to watch out for those things!
            Hounds Class I
This class will help make the SCA experience be safer
and more fun for dogs, their owners, and the people
around them!  We will cover the historical uses of
hounds, what their accouterments (collars and such)
looked like and were made of, what breeds/types were
used, the activities we have for dogs in the SCA,
hound (and owner!) etiquette at events, and similar
topics.  Credits toward the Artemisian Hounds College
will be given! All dogs attending the event must be
pre-registered before November 10th. When not coursing
all hounds must be kenneled, leashed or taken off
site, NO EXCEPTIONS.  No dogs will be allowed on site
without pre-registration.  Send completed forms (and
any questions) to Lady Aine MacCullen (mka Holly
Tippetts) at ainemaccullen at hotmail.com.  Dogs must be
up-to-date on shots, and must have current
identification.
----------------------------------------- Registration
Form Information:
Legal Name:
SCA Name:
Phone #:
Email:
Dog's Name:
Breed:
Comments:
            How to make an 11th Century Saxon Tent on
the Cheap
This is the updated version of the class Sir Conrad
taught at the 1066 event. Including new staking
instructions and an updated price list of parts.
Class size:  Unlimited, but only the first fifteen
sign ups will get handouts.
This site will be the Booth Barn located at 1100 Booth
Dr. Pocatello, ID. The site fee will be $7.00 and
children ages 6 – 14 will be $4.00. FEAST will be
$8.00. All feast reservations must be received and
pre-paid no later then November 17th - there will be
no refunds. Please contact the feast steward if you
have any dietary limits like vegetarian or allergies
and for reservations.
Directions:
>From the North and South take I15 to Pocatello. Take
exit 71 Pocatello Creek Rd. Turn East (Left from the
North or Right from the South) onto Pocatello Creek
Rd. Turn Right onto Booth Dr. The Booth Barn is on the
left, 1100 Booth Dr.
>From the West take I84 East, follow the rod going into
I86 East, to Pocatello. Go to I15 South, take exit 71
and follow the directions above.
Schedule:
11am – Site opens and list for warlord tourney opens

Noon – Opening court

Immediately following court, the polling for the
Peacock's Pride opens

1 pm – List closes for warlord tourney

1:30 pm – Baronial warlord tourney starts and 1st
class Beginning Dance with HL Tanglewyst de Holloway

3 pm – 2nd Class Hounds and Hound Coursing with Lady
Aine McCullen

4:30 pm – 3rd Class How to make an 11th Century Saxon
Tent on the Cheap with Sir Conrad von Zuberbuehler

5:30 pm - Polling for the Peacock's pride closes

6 pm – Feast
8 pm – Dancing and court begin

Event Stewards:
	Lord Thomas Foxhall and Lady Katherine de l’Eau
(Tim Brunson)
1022 E. Poplar #16
Pocatello, ID. 83201
(208) 317-6549 	 	(Kristie Henry)
1109 E. Poplar
Pocatello, ID. 83201
(208) 478-4528

Please no calls before 8am or after 9pm
Feast Steward:
John of the Oaks
208-223-0775
john at cableone.net
Crash Space:
For crash space contact BOTE Chatelaine Lady Katherine
de l’Eau OR here is a list of the hotels around the
Exit 71 area.
Holiday Inn
1399 Bench Rd.
1-800-465-4329 	 	Best Western/ Cotton Tree Inn.
1415 Bench Rd.
(208) 237-7650
 	Red Lion Inn
1555 Pocatello Creek Rd.
(208) 233-2200
Ameri Tel Inn
1440 Bench Rd.
(208) 234-7500	 	Super 8 Motel
1330 Bench Rd.
(208) 234-0888

=====
That which doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

"It's just an operating system, not a religion" - John Gowin