[Artemisia] Re: Thought for discussion

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Nov 10 15:23:24 CST 2003

In a message dated 11/10/2003 1:14:37 PM Mountain Standard Time,
morganwolf at sofast.net writes:
I pretty much agree with Sir Greg's definition, it's not so much material or
monetary generosity as it is personal generosity, giving of yourself.

Anyone else want to jump in on this?

Sure, I'll jump in.

To me largesse is what was described and a bit more.  It is also a
willingness to look beyond yourself and to find the needs that need to be fulfilled.
Then to fulfill them without expectation or need of recognition.  It is
everything from noticing the child standing wistfully on the sidelines and encouraging
the other children to include her to remembering that brass hats from Baron
to King are expected to give gifties to visitors and slipping such gifts to
their retinue so that your local area and/or kingdom can give gifts that reflect
the abilities of their area.  While it may involve teaching, it also means
recognizing from observation those in need of teaching and guiding them either by
yourself or by referring those who can best meet their needs.  It is also
developing the gentle nature of observing and giving so that those observed and
those receiving do not feel that you see them as "needy".

OK,  that's my ramble

Lady Constance de la Rose
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia