[Artemisia] Re: Thought for discussion

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Tue Nov 11 18:05:49 CST 2003

 It is amazing how people *know* what others do - both good and bad...I know several people who try very hard to stay "behind the scenes", and it is funny how they get recognized anyway.  Maybe not with precedence bearingawards, but maybe that's not what they want. Some people are OK being "invisible"...Invisible does not mean unappreciated.   Theodora--- On Tue 11/11, John Johnson < yourguess03 at yahoo.com > wrote:From: John Johnson [mailto: yourguess03 at yahoo.com]To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.orgDate: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:48:34 -0800 (PST)Subject: RE: [Artemisia] Re: Thought for discussion
I guess I didn't clarify what I meant.  I mean by service being public as that somebody that appreciates the act knows.  Doesn't need to be everybody and probably the fewer number of people the better but there at least has to be one.  "Largesse" is a reputation just like "Prowess" and you simply cannot earn such a worthy reputation by being invisible or unknown. What defines "Largesse" to me are those people who give of themselves to others without being a respector of persons.  Those that will help everybody and not just the in small defined group.  Somebody that will stop and help somebody when everybody else won't.  Somebody that will teach anybody with a desire to learn that asked to be taught.  From a Biblical perspective a cross between the Good Samaritan and the Widow's Mite. Michael

Do you Yahoo!?Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard
_______________________________________________Artemisia mailing listArtemisia at lists.gallowglass.orghttp://lists.gallowglass.org/mailman/listinfo/artemisia