[Artemisia] Will you help?

Eric & Mary Ward ecward at southwind.net
Thu Nov 13 22:43:59 CST 2003

OK, folks, it's me, Lady Dub Essa O'Fidhne.  Most of you know my
story, but let's recap here a bit, OK?
I have acute myeloid leukemia.  I have had two rounds of chemo, but
since they're not taking, I need a bone marrow transplant. Out of the
6 million people on the donor list, I don't match anyone.  So they
want to do a bone marrow transplant called 'Haplo-identical'. where
they will use my son, Shikeru (Max)'s bone marrow.  While it's been
done for 10 years in Europe, it's still considered 'experimental' in
the US.  I will have to go to Seattle to have it done.
Unfortunately, my insurance company isn't going to pay for it.  I
have Medicare, and they will cover some of it, but not a whole lot.
Seattle Cancer Center needs $17,000.00 from me before they start.
I'm scheduled to go there December 2nd.

I don't have $17,000, so I am asking for help.  If groups would get
together and pass the hat at fighter practice or events and help me
raise the funds, that would be great.  If you want to make a donation
yourself, it is tax-deductible.  Here's how you do it:

Make the check or money order out to:
NTAF Southwest Bone Marrow
Print in memo section: In Honor of Mary Ward
That part is important so it goes to my account.

Send the check, cash or money order to:
NTAF Southwest Bone Marrow Transplant Fund
3475 West Chester Pike
Suite 230
Newton Square, PA  19073

  This is a legit non-profit organization that does this all the time.
You can check them out at: www.transplantfund.org
I'm using this group so you will have the assurance that this is
going just for my transplant & not my new red shoes.  If you're not
concerned about that & don't care about the tax deduction, you can
give your donation to me, Vicountess Lynn, or HL Isabeau.  I will be
at BOE's Birthday Bash the 22nd & HE Lynn's that weekend.  If you
want to collect donations for me, contact me at this email.

But like I said, I need to collect $17,000.00 initially by December
2nd, so I need your donations soon!  I would have asked sooner, but
we've been trying to convince the insurance company to pay for it.

I apologize for having to ask for money, but this transplant is
pretty important.  If I don't have it, I may not be around much
longer.

Thank you for taking the time to read this & for your donation.  If
you have any questions, please email me at ecward at southwind.net

Thanks again

Lady Dub Essa O'Fidhne
Shire of Gryphon's Lair