[Artemisia] Religion in the SCA (a new can of worms)

Tim Brunson simply_tim at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 20:04:46 CST 2003

Ahh religion.

So how about if it was a jewish star?
Or an angel Moroni?
Or an inverted cross?
Or a Budda figurine?
Or a Darwin fish?

The SCA avoids this topic to function within the rules
of modern society. If you force people to have to wear
a religous talisman of ANY sort, they will probably be
offended.

This seems like a no brainer, but I'm curious what the
list will say.

Thomas
(who will gladly discuss his religious beliefs
privately, but never in a situation that requires
someone to have to listen to me)

--- Ken and Mindy Wilson <kenandmindy at cableone.net>
wrote:
> Greetings friends,
> In the spirit of friendly discussion, I present the
> following topic:
> Is a cross medalion appropriate for a site token?
> This quandry comes up after finding cast pewter
> crosses in a bead catalog
> while pricing site tokens for an event bid.
> Please include a reasoning for your opinion, this
> isn't a poll, it's a
> discussion.
> -Marcello

=====
That which doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

"It's just an operating system, not a religion" - John Gowin