[Artemisia] Religion in the SCA (a new can of worms)

Mike Bradley bradmich at isu.edu
Wed Nov 19 23:45:23 CST 2003

Ken and Mindy Wilson wrote:

>Greetings friends,
>In the spirit of friendly discussion, I present the following topic:
>Is a cross medalion appropriate for a site token?
>This quandry comes up after finding cast pewter crosses in a bead catalog
>while pricing site tokens for an event bid.
>Please include a reasoning for your opinion, this isn't a poll, it's a
>discussion.
>-Marcello

Well, even though I can make an assumption, I'd rather not.  So, what
type of cross are we talking about here?  A cross with  equal arms (the
thing that looks like a +), a Maltese cross, cross of Jerusalem,
saltire, Tau cross, Latin cross (the thing you would see at most
Christian churches), or some other type?

Personally, I wouldn't be offended by it, but then again, I'm pretty
hard to offend religiously.  My opinion on whether or not it would be
appropriate depends on what type of cross it is.

Conchobhar