[Artemisia] Religion in the SCA (a new can of worms)

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Thu Nov 20 06:05:15 CST 2003

An interesting, if inaccurate, point.  There were no few Jews in Europe
during our time period, half or more of Spain belonged to Islam for a large
part of our period, and there were several "heretical" and "heathen" cults
and religions throughout our period.  I'm pretty sure that not even most of
the Scandinavian folk were Christian until darn close to, or after, 1000.

My personal feelings aside, I agree that it's a matter of context  If you're
having a "christian" event, I won't be there.  If it's just a nifty token,
what the hell.

Oh yeah,  Thomas, as for your list, Moroni and the Darwin fish are out, not
period, but the others should be just as acceptable to anyone who thinks a
cross is okay.

Morgan Blaidd Du
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and