[Artemisia] Re: crosses in heraldry

Erik Joramo niallsca at great-falls.net
Thu Nov 20 09:24:06 CST 2003

hmm I don't believe that i have seen what the key Cross looks like. I have
to see what it looks like to decide at least for myself.
Lord Niall Logan
Seneschal for Stan Wyrm
> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:56:51 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Theodora (AKA Rachael)" <ladythea at myway.com>
> Subject: [Artemisia] crosses in heraldry
>

>  I am not sure if I have an opinion about the "cross as site token"
thing.As for the cross in heraldry... I believe it is a way for people to
flesh out their personas.  After all, many people have Christian personas.
I think to say "you can't use a cross" is foolish, as long as you are
talking about individuals.  Groups are another story. Which brings me to an
interesting question. How do you all feel about the fact that the Kingdom
Grant Level Arts award is called the Order of the Key Cross (since the
original Sable Keys in Cross was unregisterable)?  The key cross is one
heraldic representation of the cross. Opinions?  Not that it will change
things, but I am curious.  Feel free to respond privately if you would
rather

---