[Artemisia] Religion in the SCA (a new can of worms)

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Thu Nov 20 09:38:13 CST 2003

Isabeau wrote:

Nice can of worms friend *grin*,

While I, myself, would have no objection to wearing most religious or other
perfectly period symbols you could find to use as a site tolken, your
question actually posses a different question. Not whether one would wear
them, but if one would be an appropriate choice. The only answer I can
offer, unfortunately, is 'No'.

I totally agree.  The cross (in any form) is a very well known and accepted
symbly of the Christian religion.  To expect people to wear it as a site
token is unacceptable.  Why cause some of those attending your event
discomfort, when there are inumerable other items to use as site tokens?

Gefjon