[Artemisia] Religion in the SCA (a new can of worms)

Tim Brunson simply_tim at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 09:53:36 CST 2003

HL Megen's perspective was the point I was trying to
make on my first posting. If you use a symbol with
religious connotations, someone may be offended or
made uncomfortable. As per another posting, wouldn't
it be better to just use tokens that have no religious
meaning and not offend anyone?

In a diverse group such as ours, sensitivity to others
is necessary.

At least that's my way of getting through this world.

Thomas

--- raedwulf <raedwulf at favorites.com> wrote:
> Crosses were used in Heraldry and many people wear
> them, that's true, but
> that's also a personal choice!!!!  I would not wear
> one, not even for a site
> token (and I am EXTREMELY open minded).  It was not
> my persona's religion,
> and it is not mine now.  I would not be too
> offended, but it would end up in
> my basket, not on me.
>
> HL Megen

=====
That which doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

"It's just an operating system, not a religion" - John Gowin