[Artemisia] Religion in the SCA (a new can of worms)

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 10:00:09 CST 2003

Greetings,

To follow this idea, if events celebrating pagan themes (Yule and Solstice for example) offend me, then they should not be allowed to take place, correct?

Since, if they offend me as being religious in nature (Pagan religious celebration) and may offend other people of Christian belief in the SCA?

CvZ

Tim Brunson <simply_tim at yahoo.com> wrote:
HL Megen's perspective was the point I was trying to
make on my first posting. If you use a symbol with
religious connotations, someone may be offended or
made uncomfortable. As per another posting, wouldn't
it be better to just use tokens that have no religious
meaning and not offend anyone?

In a diverse group such as ours, sensitivity to others
is necessary.

At least that's my way of getting through this world.

Thomas

--- raedwulf wrote:
> Crosses were used in Heraldry and many people wear
> them, that's true, but
> that's also a personal choice!!!! I would not wear
> one, not even for a site
> token (and I am EXTREMELY open minded). It was not
> my persona's religion,
> and it is not mine now. I would not be too
> offended, but it would end up in
> my basket, not on me.
>
> HL Megen

=====
That which doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

"It's just an operating system, not a religion" - John Gowin