[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 2, Issue 33

Naima ladywolf89 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 14:02:21 CST 2003

<If you force people to have to wear a religous
talisman of ANY sort>
--I do not think you would be forcing people to wear
the talisman when they have the choice to wear it or
not.  I mean I pay my way into an event and am given a
site token and more than half the time don't wear it.
If given the choice, I am sure some sort of
alternative could be provided as proof of payment in
the event if a token is required to be worn.
<if it a crusade themed>
-If a crusade theme, you would want more than the
cross as an event token, you would want something more
universal in my opinion
Throughout history, the cross has been displayed as a
sign of one's loyalty not only to their king, but also
to God, whom the king was supposed to be right hand
to.  In many traditions the rulers were considered
godlike in the hierarchy because they were either
priest-kings or answered to God only (European kings
had to answer to the church).  I would have to agree
that someone is ALWAYS going to be offended by
something rather it would be religious or what have
you.  Personally, I do not think that a cross as an
event token would be offensive because it is not being
displayed as a "religious" icon but rather a nice
little token of a fun filled event you attended :)
And that's my two cents (unless I see something else
interesting to reply back to lol)-- back to work on
papers I go, (2 weeks and counting down)
Naima

=====
Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
Shire of Bronzehelm
Kingdom of Artemisia

Don't let other people's littleness bring out the littleness in you!