[Artemisia] Key Cross was Re: crosses in heraldry

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Fri Nov 21 11:02:00 CST 2003

 As far as I know there is not, as yet, a token for the key cross. The key cross itself basically looks like an old fashioned key, if I recall correctly. Even if there is a medallion, nothing says it has to be worn. TheodoraFrom: Erik Joramo [mailto: niallsca at great-falls.net]To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.orgDate: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:24:06 -0700Subject: [Artemisia] Re: crosses in heraldryhmm I don't believe that i have seen what the key Cross looks like. I haveto see what it looks like to decide at least for myself.Lord Niall LoganSeneschal for Stan Wyrm> Message: 8> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:56:51 -0500 (EST)> From: "Theodora (AKA Rachael)" > Subject: [Artemisia] crosses in heraldry>>> I am not sure if I have an opinion about the "cross as site token"thing.As for the cross in heraldry... I believe it is a way for people toflesh out their personas. After all, many people have Christian personas.I think to say "you can't use a cross" is foolish, as long as you aretalking about individuals. Groups are another story. Which brings me to aninteresting question. How do you all feel about the fact that the KingdomGrant Level Arts award is called the Order of the Key Cross (since theoriginal Sable Keys in Cross was unregisterable)? The key cross is oneheraldic representation of the cross. Opinions? Not that it will changethings, but I am curious. Feel free to respond privately if you wouldrather---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.541 / Virus Database: 335 - Release Date: 11/14/03_______________________________________________Artemisia mailing listArtemisia at lists.gallowglass.orghttp://lists.gallowglass.org/mailman/listinfo/artemisia