[Artemisia] The Virtue's Discussion

Greg Olsen GregO at cfdebt.com
Tue Nov 25 09:37:40 CST 2003

Constance wrote:
> Found this out in my web wandering, thought it might be interesting to
toss
> into the "virtue" discussion as a comparison to the Chivalric virtues
being
> discussed, how do the two compare and, where there are differences,
are these
> differences things that we should also be discussing and emulating.

> The Seven Heavenly Virtues:
> faith, hope, charity, fortitude, justice, temperance, prudence

Excellent point. I believe Tearlach and others have had this particular
(or one very very similar to it) at their vigil to contemplate on.
Apropos considering a vigil has more than a little religious
significance.

So we have another set of virtues, more than likely the initial
groundwork for any medieval set of chivalric virtues. Here is a good
history of the sins...http://deadlysins.com/sins/history.html. This site
dates the original set of deadly sins some time in the 4th century by
Evagrius of Pontus. Just more proof that in the long run it's best for
people to find a list they are comfortable with, yet still manages to
covers as many bases as possible.

Gregory