[Artemisia] College of Arrow's flight , myself and 15 other have a Question.

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Tue Nov 25 11:49:58 CST 2003

Well met, Sir Gregory. You reply below reminds me of what my lord, Maitre
Guillaume, always says... "People vote with their feet".
Yasmeena

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:05:02 -0700 "Greg Olsen" <GregO at cfdebt.com>
writes:
> > We do not understand way we are not a Shire or a Barony.
> > We have enough members here to become ether or. This area
> > is a College rather then a Shire because of the BYU. But
> > we are not all college students. We have a lot of member
> > that go north to play with the Barony of Loch Salann, rather
> > then the Collage. Just because of the reason that I have listed
> above.
>
> > The fact is, BYU dose not allow its students to belong to any
> group
> > or organization that requires yearly or monthly dues. So what do
> you
> > think we should do? Should we break from Arrow's Flight or should
> > we get them to take the next step up? Some one please help us!!
>
> Greetings.
>
> I was Loch Salann seneschal near the end of Arrow's Flight's canton
> status and Kingdom Seneschal as they became a college, so hopefully
> can provide a few answers.  First off let me say that the info that
> Tanglwyst and Kynewyn gave was good.
>
> I won't mince words here.  Arrow's Flight and it's other variants
> have
> had problems in the past.  While I was seneschal in Loch Salann and
> Arrow's Flight was a Canton reporting was...spotty. And that is
> being
> extremely generous. Tanglwyst spelled out very well how reporting
> works
> for groups and what role it plays in getting that group's status
> changed.  The Loch Salann officers and Kingdom officers during that
> period were more than lenient, perhaps too much so.
>
> Soon thereafter Arrow's Flight decided as a group that they wanted
> grow beyond being a Canton.  Since the had been so much recent
> reporting
> troubles (and a few others) it was mutually agreed by the Kingdom
> and
> Arrow's Flight that a College was the best option at the time.
> There
> was a reasonable case made that perhaps some of the reporting
> troubles
> we due to membership fluctuations caused by students of BYU. As far
> as I
> remember the idea was to the group members just a stepping stone to
> becoming a shire at some point.
>
> It's been about a year since I've had any seneschal
> responsibilities, so
> I honestly have no clue how the Arrow's Flight has been doing
> functionally or reporting wise. Hopefully things are going well.
> Here is
> my advice to Arrow's Flight for what it's worth. Everyone interested
> in
> making that group a stronger place should go to the officer's
> meetings
> and get involved, if they aren't already.  Let the officers know how
> much strength there is in the group and the desire to make it bigger
> and
> better. That's where becoming a shire truly starts.

> [...]

Mu'allemah (Mistress) Yasmeena bint al Ahlam, OP, Cd'O
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Companion of the Company of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html
The Interkingdom Mounted Military Company