[Artemisia] Re: Arrow's Flight Status

Julia H. West julia.west at sff.net
Wed Nov 26 02:15:12 CST 2003

Cyfarchion, Good Gentles of the Kingdom,

> The area has been through a series of names since it was first started, I believe in the early seventies.  The ones I know are: the Incipient Shire of Coracal, (AS 14) -- then changed to Denu Shaw (Valley of the Trees), then Dunna Mirth (Happy Valley),  followed by Cun Mythlem, and in mid AS 23, to Amythyst Vale.  I'm not sure when it was changed to the Canton of Arrows' Flight, but has been known by that name since I moved here from 1000 Eyes in 1993.

As I've been doing my "Ancient History of Loch Salann" project, I've dug out a bunch of fascinating stuff.  I found a stack of newsletters from the Shire of Cwm Maethlon, called "The C'eilidh."  My mundane sister (another one--Lady Eveleen the Unnoticed this time--I have seven sisters and most of them have been or still are in the SCA) was chronicler for awhile.  These are dated from Dec 1981 to Dec 1983 (I don't know if I have all of them for both years, though).

I could make photocopies of these for Arrow's Flight folk, if you'd like.  Actually, I have duplicate copies of some, and could therefore give someone in the group originals!  (Lady KyneWynn, are you interested?)

Of interest to all Artemisians, I found some really old copies of "Sage Advice" (I know the second one, dated March A.S. XIX, is there).  I guess that very occasionally, being an avowed packrat can be a good thing.  So I just may add scans of some of these to my Ancient History web page when I get the time.

Pob hwyl,

Meistres Rhonwen y Llysieuyddes