[Artemisia] Arts and Sciences Dates

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Wed Nov 26 10:34:53 CST 2003

 I don't think I like this idea per se - it is a case where some (myself included) might feel the need to choose competition vs. classes.  If I were to compete, I think all my energy would be devoted to that.   Not to mention the task of finding qualified individuals to teach *and* judge competition on the same weekend. I do think that, if the Collegium were an extended event, a Laurel's Prize Tourney or something of that nature might be appropriate. Theodora--- On Tue 11/25, < shilo11 at mail.com > wrote:From: [mailto: shilo11 at mail.com]To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.orgDate: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:05:35 -0700Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Arts and Sciences DatesOffering a thought,Whay say you of having the Collegium and the Competition on the same weekend?Where one can see what the Art or Science project would be like when finished,so the students can see clearly what are working toward.Have it in mid to late May so the finished projects can be ready for the summercamping season. This way wood working, smithing, and dying projects can becompleted and submitted for consideration in the competition.Regional could be in the cold months so that adjustments can be made for the projects to be entered in the Kingdom level competition in the spring.Kind regards,Rowena of FalkirkShire Silver KeepArtemisia> > Frankly, I'd love to see Arts and Sciences Collegium in a summer month where we could have outdoor classes such as woad dyeing, blacksmithing, fighting classes etc. and have competition in the winter where indoor space is more amenable to displays.> > My .02ducats.> > M. Kristianne du Chance> Prioress, The Abbey"Luminous beings are we." - Yoda-- ___________________________________________________________Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.comhttp://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm_______________________________________________Artemisia mailing listArtemisia at lists.gallowglass.orghttp://lists.gallowglass.org/mailman/listinfo/artemisia