[Artemisia] kingdom Attention

skytech skytech at fantasticdeals.com
Sat Nov 29 13:24:29 CST 2003

This was posted today on Arrows Flights chats.  I think that you all need to see it.  I am not sure who Hanzie is, but if this is his belife of how the kingdoms should think or how the fighters feel.  Then I have joined the wrong group!  Some one please tell me this is not true!
M'Lady Tula Zarazee

I have said "Arrow's Flight" isn't a good name,
because it is insensitive to the Crown and the
Chivalry.

The rebuttal consists solely of personal attacks at
the Chivalry, the Crown, and myself.

The rebuttal completely ignores the feelings of the
Chivalry, the Crown, which is the only assertion I
have made.

--- Ash <ash0315 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well Hanzie it may spell "problem child" to you but

[[This area has had troubles in the past, and they're
linked to the name "Arrow's Flight".  That is an
established fact, not just my opinion.  Anyone
disbelieving this is invited to search the last
month's kingdom newsgroup archive.  Search for the
text string "troubles"]]

> to those of us who worked hard to even have the area
> recognized as a separate entity............. it's
> the
> result of many years of hard work.
I am sure that
> you
> did not intend to insult those of use who have
> played
> in the past and are now cautiously coming back.
[[Good, because I didn't insult anybody.]]

[[By the way, are you someone who has "worked hard for
many years" or are you a former player "now cautiously
coming back"?]]

>But
> you are getting just a bit on the arrogant side in
> suggesting that the only thing the the SCA values
> are heavy fighters.
[[As I never suggested that, I'm safely away from the
"arrogant side".]]

[[As I said before, the name irritates those whom we
most need the respect of, the King and Knights.  They
make all the final decisions.  How many times does
Corpora say "The decision of the Crown is final."?
The only way to get to be a final decision maker is to
be a heavy combatant.]]

>Ask the kings & knights how well> they
> would fare without the help of the Gentles who for
one
> reason or another do not go out on the field.
[[It looks like you have some real and deep seated
resentment of the Crown and knights.  Why?  And which
Gentles who never go out on the field are
indispensable.]]

>Would you last long with out the volunteers bringing
the
> water?
[[Are you threatening the heavy fighters with a water
bearer strike?  Well, since you're asking... I'd guess
that, at first, a few fighters would die of
dehydration.  Then somebody would seduce a (former)
water bearer, and cunningly trick her into letting go
the secret of how they are able to produce water on
the battlefield, where none was before.]]

[[Then, the very brightest of the heavy fighters would
get together, and try to reverse engineer the parts
that the former water bearer wouldn't tell.  I'd
imagine (and I'm really going out on a limb, folks)
that fighters would: Bring their own water jugs]]

[[I could, of course, be wrong, but I think that
radical idea might work, and save the lives of
fighters you would so callously throw away during your
Water Bearer Strike]]

Would you go to a Court event without Music?
[[Yes, actually.  I have many times.  Music certainly
makes it nicer, but it's far from necessary.  So what?
Are you planning a Musician's strike too?  Should I
have the misfortune to be crown when your strike hits,
I shall be forced to lug my stereo to court.  I'd
bring the good speakers for the dancing later on.]]

[[Musicians play in court because people enjoy it, not
because life stops without a soundtrack.]]

[[Of course, if nobody but fighters were left, there
wouldn't BE any Court Only events.  You can trust me
on this.]]

> Or a feast?
[[I've eaten without music at many events.  It works.
I'm mostly interested in conversation with friends
anyway.  Does your Musician's strike hope to starve us
into submission?]]

[[If you're trying to somehow say that there would be
no food in a heavy-fighter only SCA, all I can say is
you've never heard of steak, bread, cheese and pizza.
Some heavy fighters can even cook, and all can
barbeque.]]

>The people who lend their skills in period
> lace, sewing, brewing, calligraphy, do they
contribute
> nothing?
[[No, they contribute lace, clothing, alcoholic
beverages and scrolls.  Haven't you noticed?]]
[[In addition to Water Bearer's and Musicians Strikes,
are you arranging sympathy strikes?  You seem to be
planning on forcing the Crown and Chivalry into
thirst, silence, nudity, sobriety and illiteracy --
Worst of all, you plan to deprive heavy fighters of
BOBBIN LACE!  Ye Gods, how will they survive?
Fortunately, it's too late for your last threat.
M'Lady Ruth Wayne of the Green Hills forsaw your evil
plot and secretly taught me the arcane art of bobbin
lace.  I have created bobbin lace, and can do it
again!  Hah!]]

>I see nothing wrong in honoring the "little people"
the ones who will never be >King.........
[[Neither does the Crown, Chivalry, Heavy fighters or
myself.  In fact, Kings give awards to these folks
that you describe as the "little people".  Your
point?]]

> without their support and talents would there be any
> point to being the King?
[[These "little people" (again, your words, not mine!)
Enrich the realm.  Should your rebellion against the
Crown and Chivalry come to pass....]]

[[Yes, actually, there would be a point.  The King
would still sit on his throne, in gleaming armor,
lording it over the Chivalry, who in turn would lord
it over the rest of the fighters.  Feasts would
closely resemble tailgate parties, booze would be
purchased rather than brewed.  Music would be provided
by whomever brought the boom box.]]

[[There would be women at these events, because there
will always be ladies who like hanging out with men
full of testosterone.  But nobody will dare call these
ladies "little people".  There would be more fighting
at these events, and courts would be much shorter.]]

>I do not see anything
> shameful about the name.  If you do, please meet me
> at
> fighter practice on Wed and explain to me why.
> Ash
[[I never said "shameful".  Who said "Shameful"?  Why
do you associate "Shameful" with "Arrows Flight"?  Why
would you think that I know something "shameful" about
the area that I could only discuss it in private at
fighter practice?]]

hanzie.

> --- hanzie <lordhanzie at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Do we really want to chain our image to archery?
> >
> > Regardless of anyone's opinion on the opinions of
> > the
> > heavys, they're the Kings and Knights of the
> realm.
> > By intentionally saying we are first and foremost
> > Archers, we say we don't care as much about the
> core
> > of the SCA, heavy fighters.
> >
> > I agree that we've worked hard at solving our
> > problems.
> >
> > I agree with Matthew Morgon, We Need To Move On.
> >
> > Moving on is when you leave the bad stuff behind,
> > like
> > the name "Arrow's Flight" and all it's associated
> > problems.  Arrow's flight is synonymous in
> Artemesia
> > with "problem child".  Ditching the name will only
> > help us.
> >
> > If "this name has exceed where all other has
> failed"
> > [sic] then why does "Arrow's Flight" have such a
> bad
> > name?
> >
> > The name has actually failed, and has helped cause
> > the
> > present problems.  Clinging to it will only hold
> us
> > back.
> >
> > > --- Matthew Morgon arrows flight sheriff
> be
> and
> > out
> > need

=====
... and God said, "Let there be a Satan, so people won't blame everything on me." -- George Burns