[Artemisia] [Aerie] Re: Identifing those who serve

rapierfghtr Rapierfghtr at AOL.com
Sat Oct 11 07:41:09 CDT 2003

--- In artemisia at yahoogroups.com, "hanhebin" <hamberg at f...> wrote:
> > But the core of the problem is those who see service being done
and
> > make no mention of it.
>
> Most service in the SCA isn't done in secret and is clearly visible
> by anyone desiring to look.  If service is not seen it is because
> people aren't looking and not because somebody is out there hiding
in
> the shadows.  It's downright easy to spot service and if you are
> wearing a Crown or Coronet and can't you are probably blinder that
> Stevie Wonder.
>
> Michael

Greetings
          Quite possibly very true. IF most service is not done in
secret, it is also not done in the presence of those who could help
confer an award to an individual. So what would be the difference
between secret and going unnoticed? Alot of people do things to be
seen that are quite commendable. So now we end up at the topic of
what is being done when there are no events. What it comes to is that
while an event is in play, most individuals are making a point to be
infront of the people who do these awards. Does that appear odd to
you? Even stranger yet, is that the example to follow? Or should we
be that way when there are no events at all? I think the latter. What
say you?

YIS
Lyon MacKeegan
Bronzehelm, Kingdom of Artemisia