[Artemisia] [Aerie] Re: To post or not to post, that is the Question.

Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil archergodwin at cableone.net
Mon Oct 13 05:02:06 CDT 2003

Maybe we re-create the middle ages a little to closely.

Maybe we shouldn't expect a bunch of "misfits", yes that's what we
were called, to fulfil some emtpy aspect of a needy life.

Nowhere in the governing docs that I can see, does it say:
"the middle ages as they ought to have been".

The docs talk about research and living history, emphasising on
chivalrous behavior.

So why is everybody so surprized that we have created cliques. That's
how our mundane society is also. In the SCA we have households: the
orders of this: and the companions of that: The middle ages were
outragously clique-ish: it was who you knew, and who you sociallized
with.

Don't expect the SCA to fill some socially deficient area of your
life.

Do expect the SCA to be a group of people who are all trying to
execute, at their own pace, their version of the middle ages, under
the wide guidlines set down, and possibly meeting people of similar
interests and mindsets.

Godwin

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.