[Artemisia] by request-

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Thu Oct 16 13:42:52 CDT 2003

Your Post on ThursdayI originally posted this to the old list, but it never showed up.  Somehow, a certain pair of people saw it and encouraged me to re-post it here.  As was noted by the persons requesting, I am blunt as always, but after re-reading it I stand by what I wrote.

Just when I thought coming back to the SCA might be a good idea, I
decide to check what's getting posted on here, and what do I see....
So, in no particular order, my personal responses-

Congratulations to TRH Konrad and Kortland.

Michael the Loud, I personally make a point of reccommending anyone
I see who deserves an award, and can honestly say that the majority
of those reccommendations resulted in awards. Is that because I have
the "Ear of the Crown"? Not hardly. In fact, for most of my
SCA "career" I have been one of those "unsavory people" that those
cliques you mentioned avoided. I gave, and give, honest, thought-
out reccommendations, and encourage Them to check with others on my
reccommendations. Anyone wearing a pointy brass hat can be assured
that I make a reccommendation not for personal reasons but because I
sincerely believe the person reccommended deserves the award. My
point is this- if you see so many who deserve awards, write some
letters. If you don't reccommend them, YOU are more to blame for
them being "passed over" than those "in power".

BTW, the assumption that you would win an archery Crown is extreme
egotism, there are other archers in this Kingdom.

James the Wise, you are the last person who should be commenting on
the awards process, since you have berated members of
your "household" for leaving your camp to attend court when of your
own household members got his AoA, and you celebrated receiving your
Grant by complaining to all within earshot that it wasn't a Laurel.

I will freely admit that, ocassionally, I have reccommended the
wrong person for an award.

  Thanks, it's nice to hear such a warm welcome from people I respect.  I didn't see it either, and I don't have it in my email since I posted the reply from the yahoogroups site.  If you want to throw it out there, go right ahead.  Will you be here (Stan Wyrm) for Yule Revel?

  Morgan