[Artemisia] New Admin Notes.

Ron Martino yumitori at montana.com
Fri Oct 17 12:07:34 CDT 2003

    First, we're keeping the Yahoo! Groups (YG) list. It's still the
best place to share files, links and so forth. Remain a member, just set
your mail to 'web only' via your My Groups page.

    I've tried to set up YG as mirror site for those who prefer its web
interface. It doesn't seem to be working any better than it does
currently with other messages, though. The new list does have archives,
just not as easily read and searched.

    I'd like to turn off attachments on the new list, but don't see a
way to do so. At this point it's not a big issue. Do NOT send
attachments to the list, and NEVER open them.

    The new list does not accept messages from non-members. I will not
be changing that. It was being hit by spam within a few hours of being
created. If you have multiple e-mail accounts, PLEASE subscribe with all
of them. Just because you signed up with your home address doesn't mean
you can post from work.

    Finally, spread the word about the new list address. Soon I'll be
setting the YG list to allow messages only from moderators.

    Yumitori