[Artemisia] Letters of Rec

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Sat Oct 18 20:30:23 CDT 2003

Okay, I can see your point on this, in one certain situation-  If the person being reccommended is, at the same time, demonstrating that they DON'T deserve the award.

EXAMPLE-

there's this guy, let's call him Melvin, who regularly busts his butt to help out, always doing set up, herald, marshalling, teaches classes, ad infinitum ad nauseum.  Several people put Melvin in for Pelican.  While the Crown is considering this, they have a couple of Pelicans say "check out what he just posted on the Aerie".  They do so, and find that Melvin has just nailed someone hide to the door, in a very blunt manner.  When They send Melvin a private email saying he may want to back off and reconsider his words a bit, maybe make his point a little more gently, They're told "why would I do that, I'm right."

Does our boy Melvin deserve a Pelican?  Of  course not, he's already shown that his tact and civility are seriously lacking, if not non-existent.  So, all those reccommendations for Mel go into the "maybe next reign" file, and some Peers are hinted to give the boy some guidance, so that he develops those skills he's lacking.

Of course, if Melvin just continues to stick his foot in his mouth, he has no one to blame but himself, and he shouldn't be whining about not getting recognition.

NOTE:  if anyone reading this thinks it refers to them, then:
A) you have a guilty conscience, don't blame me, and
B)  you're wrong, it's not you, and
C)  perhaps you should think about WHY you feel that you're Melvin

Morgan Blaidd Du
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and
Baroness Rachel Ashton