[Artemisia] What you say via electronic means

Wayne Hamberg michaeltheloud at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 20:38:25 CDT 2003

> While the Crown is considering this, they have a couple of Pelicans
> say "check out what he just posted on the Aerie". They do so, and
> find that Melvin has just nailed someone hide to the door, in a very
> blunt manner.

1) Doing this is an exclusionary tactic and will only be used as an
   excuse to not to give somebody an award.  By the vary nature of
   online communication it is typically blunt, poorly written and
   even the most well intentioned comment can sound negative.

2) This standard isn't going to be universally applied.  Somebody
   ripping on a popular peer might won't be held in the same light
   as say somebody ripping on me.  Is there a difference?  No!  So
   why would anybody even suggest a standard that isn't going to
   be fair and honorable to all regardless of rank.

3) It's not what is said publically what you need to worry about
   but what is said privately.  Politicans will kiss babies and tell
   you what they think you want to hear while stealing your lollipop.
   Just because somebody is saying something publically doesn't mean
   others aren't saying far worse privately.

Michael