[Artemisia] Letters of Rec

Wayne Hamberg michaeltheloud at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 15:07:41 CDT 2003

> Now, don't you think you should explain that to the people who just got
> those shiny new hats, and point out the appropriate way to Recognize his
> dedication? If YOU don't, who will?

A simple handshake (or hug) and a genuine show of personal appreciation for help and a follow up thank you card woud do more good than an any award.

One reason why Tangle will always be considered a class act in my book.  If anybody is the "Queen of Thank Yous" it's Tangl and more people need to take a good lesson from her.  I still have a "Thank You Letter" I recieved from her that she mailed over 15 years ago where I did very little to deserve such a kind gesture.

Michael

Morgan Wolf <morganwolf at sofast.net> wrote:
Very good point, ALTHOUGH....

It's important that those around the person submit honest letters of
recommendation when we see someone displaying "those" qualities, simply
because what the Crown may percieve about a person could be incorrect.

Yet another example- our buddy Merton is constantly seen setting up Court,
assisting TRM, being helpful in anyway he can to the Crown, but doesn't
volunteer in the kitchen or at the troll table. Many people see this and
assume that Merton is just sucking up. BUT WAIT, one day you sit and talk
with Merton, and find out that he has some strong opinions regarding the
"mystique" of the Crown, and feels a responsiblity to make it as easy as
possible for the Crown, regardless of who's head is holding it up. Wow, you
just found out that Merton hasn't been sucking up all this time, but rather
has been trying to make the Game of Royalty and Court as real as possible
for everyone else, by taking on as many of the mundane details as possible.

Now, don't you think you should explain that to the people who just got
those shiny new hats, and point out the appropriate way to Recognize his
dedication? If YOU don't, who will?

Morgan Blaidd Du
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and