[Artemisia] Membership dues

odessa odessa at nemontel.net
Tue Oct 21 10:23:22 CDT 2003

Greetings!

I was looking at the survey concerning membership etc. and have a comment.
Three years ago I became involved with the SCA and after attending a few
fighters practices (I think two) became a paid member.  In the survey there
was a question concerning someone being able to participate in certain
activities only if they are active in their local shire and SCA events.
This is how it read.
2.  Currently, while participation in most SCA activities is open to all,
participation in certain activities is limited to those who have paid an
annual membership fee.

Eligibility for all SCA activities should be based solely on a person's
attendance at local group meetings and SCA events.

Now since I've moved to north eastern Montana there are very few that have
heard of the SCA and the closes shire would be Bronzehelm, (approx 350 miles
away), it makes it a bit hard for me to attend local meetings.  If the
eligibility to participate in SCA activities is based on attendance that
would count me out.  I'm sure there are others out there in the same
position.

Margate verch Llywelyn (who by the way, will continue to pay her membership
dues active or not).

Hi Morgan, glad to see you back!