[Artemisia] Good Greetings!

Rhonwen y Llysieuyddes julia.westNOSPAM at sff.net
Mon Oct 20 23:26:33 CDT 2003

Hello, good folk of Artemisia.

I'm Rhonwen y Llysieuyddes, who's been away from the SCA for nigh on 13 years now and decided to start playing again just under a year ago.  I'm still not able to attend very many events due to lack of vehicle and funds, but I've had fun at the few I've been to.  My teenaged daughters usually attend with me (they were toddlers when I stopped playing before) and they enjoy it too, when there's something for them to do (they're still a bit shy about joining in).

I subscribed to the Aerie a few days ago, and am almost amused to see that the arguments now are exactly the same as the arguments 20 years ago.  I say =almost= amused, because I'd rather hoped we'd grow out of that over time.  But people are people, and the membership of the SCA comes and goes, and the problems stay the same.  I saw a =lot= of this when I was Aten Principle Herald, and it's one of the reasons I got out (the other reasons being mundane job, completing my degree, and raising children).

Anyway, just wondering if I should stay on the Aerie, or is it =just= a gripefest?  I was hoping to hear about what was going on in the kingdom, especially in areas beyond Loch Salann where I live.  I'd like to learn to "know" people here, like I do in other lists I'm on (mostly lists for writers of science fiction and fantasy).

Sorry for the gripy tone here.  I'll try to be more cheerful when I post again!

Hir oes a dedwyddwch,

RyL