[Artemisia] Re: Good Greetings from Meistres Rhonwen y Llysieuyddes

leishman10 at juno.com leishman10 at juno.com
Wed Oct 22 08:02:49 CDT 2003

Grettings Meistres Rhonwen,

I don't know if we have met yet, I am the current Youth Minister of Loch
Salann.

Sounds as though you may have a youth or two who might be interested in
the activities that we provide.  This past Wednesday at fighter practice
we hosted a class in the making of chain mail taught by SamWise, it was a
lot of fun.  We also had boffer instruction provided by Joel the
Wanderer.

It is our current practice to make every attempt to provide (mostly)
period related activities weekly during fighter practice as well as
during events sponsored by our barony.  These activities are open to any
youth ages 5 - 17. Younger children are allowed to attend only if the
parent remains with them at all times and assists them.  Joel the
Wanderer is also available most weeks to instruct those interested in
boffer related activities. Unless otherwise stated, currently there are
no fees for these classes beyond the purchase of necessary equipment for
boffer and occassionaly a small materials fee for class activities, which
if required will be posted in advance on the Loch Salann e list.

The kingdom of Artemisia also has youth programs available, for more
information, you can either see me, or visit the Kingdom Youth website
at:  http://www.youth.artemisia.sca.org/  .   The documents page includes
the awards programs for youth at two age levels.   Many of the classes we
do at fighter practice are specifically designed to meet these
requirments and the child is also allowed to do the activities on their
own and provide proof of completion for signoff.  You will notice that
some of the requirements also involve providing service at assorted
events, etc.

Unfortunately I met with a small accident and will not be at fighter
practice today.  I am trying to arrange for someone to take my place but
that is not yet finalized.  I should be returning next week.

If you would like more information, you should be able to reach me at :
youth at lochsalann.org  or by using the contact information posted on both
the barony and kingdom officer's pages.

In Service
Lady Bethoc