[Artemisia] Challenge Coins

Jeff Shultz jeffreyashultz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 12:04:03 CDT 2003

Anything would do.....from a coin to a letter( although I think the latter is less period) . The point is to have cool doodads around to let let people know that others are in fact noticing what they are doing whether it be in service, fighting, A&S, archery, etc. I don't think that the coins would get "old". In several Kingdoms people actually collect them and play Tablaro de Jesus , a gambling game invented during the Crusades involving moving at least three coins in a row and picking them up, the other person must replace the coins, with these coins. It is cool to see that one period act(like giving out coins) leads to research about how to use them in games and other things. Also there are merchants who will take some of the coins as payment. It is really fun to barter with them! I just want us to move in the direction of making the Society more Historically focused with the Anachronistic flair that we all have. If we put forth the energy into these types of things instead of the
 self pity and fighting we would ALL have so much more fun.

Alexius