[Artemisia] Challenge Coins

Wayne Hamberg michaeltheloud at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 19:21:21 CDT 2003

> The awards are out there, and this is MY opinion, to
> acknowledge desirable behavior that will maybe
> encourage like behavior and therefore maybe further
> the participation and purpose of the SCA as a whole.

Exactly right!

When awards are given out to individuals who may be the live-in-companion of a popular peer that hasn't done the work to deserve such recognition or denied to others because of the household they are in, feeling do get hurt.  I've seen several that have left the SCA because of those situations and it's unfortunate and the negatives are that SCA loses one that has generally enriched the kingdom and the talent and experienced the person who leaves.

Michael