[Artemisia] Challenge Coins

Tim Brunson simply_tim at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 19:47:47 CDT 2003

Micheal,

Don't even.

You pick a part of my post and agree with me on one
aspect. The whole point of MY post was to question the
amount of value you are giving to an award in the SCA.

Everybody who plays with me knows it's about doing
your best to recreate and having some fun. For you to
claim any part of my post as support of your argument,
especially given the context I wrote that in, is
wrong.

You missed the whole message I sent. You read some,
you comprehended what you liked, and you ignored what
wasn't your perspective. Are you too busy listening to
yourself to hear what I said?

Sorry to the people of Artemisia, but I will not have
my words used that way.

Micheal, I don't appreciate that stunt one bit.

Thomas

--- Wayne Hamberg <michaeltheloud at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The awards are out there, and this is MY opinion,
> > acknowledge desirable behavior that will maybe
> > encourage like behavior and therefore maybe
> further
> > the participation and purpose of the SCA as a
> whole.
>
> Exactly right!
>
> When awards are given out to individuals who may be
> the live-in-companion of a popular peer that hasn't
> done the work to deserve such recognition or denied
> to others because of the household they are in,
> feeling do get hurt.  I've seen several that have
> left the SCA because of those situations and it's
> unfortunate and the negatives are that SCA loses one
> that has generally enriched the kingdom and the
> talent and experienced the person who leaves.
>
> Michael

=====
That which doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

"It's just an operating system, not a religion" - John Gowin