[Artemisia] Challenge Coins

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 23:45:14 CDT 2003

In a message dated 10/22/2003 7:22:13 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
michaeltheloud at yahoo.com writes:
> The awards are out there, and this is MY opinion, to
> acknowledge desirable behavior that will maybe
> encourage like behavior and therefore maybe further
> the participation and purpose of the SCA as a whole.

Exactly right!

When awards are given out to individuals who may be the live-in-companion of
a popular peer that hasn't done the work to deserve such recognition or denied
to others because of the household they are in, feeling do get hurt.  I've
seen several that have left the SCA because of those situations and it's
unfortunate and the negatives are that SCA loses one that has generally enriched the
kingdom and the talent and experienced the person who leaves.

Michael
Interesting that Michael would applaud the activity that he point blank
refused to participate in.  He refuses to attend an event and observe and point out
activities that are deserving of an award, then applauds some one else for
doing just that, then in the same breath complains because it isn't being done
by others and follows it up with a load of hogwash about "live in companions"
which I would bet my bottom dollar he can't substantiate. (of course any
comment he makes he either refuses to substantiate or puts off with his old hack of
"I'll prove my point when you all make archery a crown tourney event")

1.  Archery isn't a crown tourney event nor is it likely to be.  If you want
a group where archery can make you king, feel free to go out and start your
own.  No one is stopping you.

2.  Even if it were a crown event, we have many fine archers in this kingdom.
 I seriously doubt it would be the walk in you think it would be.

3.  Since you REFUSED to accept the challenge to acknowledge people deserving
of awards on this forum, you have no place to either talk or complain about
the awards system you take no active part in correcting (no, constant
complaining without activity is not an active part)

So I will beg the indulgence of others out here who do not often hear me
speak in such a rude and perhaps inappropriate manner when I say in this one
instance:

Michael, either put up or shut up.

That's all, I will crawl back under my bit of shade and go back to observing
now.

Constance