[Artemisia] Challenge Coins

Kelly/Kelwin Ratslayer ratslayr at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 22 23:37:58 CDT 2003

I think at this point I would have to agree with Thomas.  It's hard to
really take to heart something said by someone who doesn't even participate.
Perhaps Michael things have changed since you last played.  I have been
playing very actively for 13 years and I've never met you.  I am not sure of
many of the things you refer to.  I am insulted every time you claim awards
are given out to those who are buddies with the Crown.  I personally
received numerous of my awards from Crowns I didn't even  know or barely
knew.  You claim that the peers block people they don't like from receiving
awards, well I have to laugh at this. There is a great bit of diversity
within the peers circles, people who actually don't like each other (gasp,
it's true). I know that in the seven years I've been attending circles, I've
heard many a peer support candidates that I know they personally dislike
just because the person had qualities that many felt were peer like.
Personally, like Thomas, I'm here to spend time with my SCA family, fight in
my armor, learn more about history and just have some fun, the awards are
just a residual of playing.

Kelwin