[Artemisia] Challenge Coins

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Thu Oct 23 06:36:18 CDT 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wayne Hamberg
  Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Challenge Coins
  PS> I PERSONALLY had a king tell me that I would never get an AoA because of who
         my knight was.  Fifteen years later I am still playing as my schedule permits but
         when it comes to the SCA or trying to do my dream, most people would tell me to
         try for a possible once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

  Y'know, I once had somebody tell me the exact same thing.  Two months later I received my AoA, and had every Artemisian Peer present, and most others who knew me, tell me they thought I already had it, or they would have put me in sooner.  I know friends of mine have been told similar things, but I don't believe it, since my friends do so well, many of them "surpassing" me.  Hell, I gave Tearlach (Damian too, I think) his first fighting lesson, and we all know what happened there.

  A woman I respect and admire more than almost anyone once told me "it's not who you know, it's what they see you do."  If all anyone ever sees is you bitching about awards on the Aerie,  what award would you possibly be earning?

  Morgan Blaidd Du
  Protege and Ghillie to
  Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and
  Baroness Rachel Ashton