[Artemisia] OH the YEARS.

tangl tangl at myway.com
Thu Oct 23 13:47:17 CDT 2003

 Ah, 17. Started in Kedron Vale in 1986. Jean-Richard de Holloway and I helped out this nice lady named Donnilee Witherspoon who had been holding the group together for six year by holding every office she was allowed to as Senechale. She had someone for Herald and someone for Exchequer, but other than that, every other office was held by her. So, when we came on the scene, we stepped up to the mound and relieved her. Within a couple months, we had recriuted such nobles as Baron Tryggvi, Lord Andrew,  Maitre Guillaume, and Duchess Varia Wolfslayer, and written the petition to get the group's shirehood, and Donnilee her AoA. We had nowhere to go but up, so the shire took off, and eventually hosted Coronation of Trelon and our own Varia, many years after that. I left there before the Coronation event, but I kept track of all those folks, and am proud to call Kedron Vale my birthplace. It's gone now, faded into memory and obscurity. But like old friends who have passed, we still remember them and talk about our time together around the war fires... Tanglwystful