[Artemisia] Artemisia Card game

Jeff Shultz jeffreyashultz at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 13:22:19 CDT 2003

Greeting all,

       I was wondering if there is a current Artemisia deck of playing cards? It is a really neat idea that I have seen in other Kingdoms. It is just like a common deck of cards with a twist......The Face cards are usually legendary peers and past Royalty, the Aces are sometimes designed after the first Princes when the kingdom was a Principality, the jokers are usually two bards with the other cards being famous fighters/fencers(not in Calontir where there is no fencing allowed)/archers/A&S folks. I have seen where the suits are designed after orders etc......Then they usually have some type of coins made like poker chips with the Kingdom Arms as the most valuable and about three other designs used for the other values. The application of this type of gaming made me friends where once they were folks whom I didn't know or maybe for some reason didn't like and vice versa.....I would love some feedback on this since my wife is about to go to war in the middle east and I need something
 to keep me occupied....I have lived in this Kingdom for only about a year and have been to two events so I don't have much back ground knowledge in your history. Anything would be appreciated....help, knowledge of period printing methods, etc....

Making the dream a little more dreamy,
Alexius