[Artemisia] Re: Re: OH the YEARS

Julia H. West julia.west at sff.net
Sun Oct 26 18:55:13 CST 2003

> From: "Morgan Wolf"
>
> Would I be right in inferring from your previous signatures that you have a
> tafod Cymru?

Only the tiniest bit.  I have a very beloved dictionary (beloved to pieces--I recently had to glue it back together, as it was falling apart)!  I found those phrases ("Pob hwyl" = "good luck" and "Hir oes a dedwyddwch" = "Long life and happiness") somewhere and used them, back when I had to send correspondence to anybody (which you do a lot of when you're an officer).  They've stuck in my brain all these years!

It helps that I'm basing one of the cultures in the novel I'm currently working on very loosely on ancient Welsh culture, so I'm doing more research on it again.

Rhonwen