[Artemisia] Re: Oh the Years

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 01:42:21 CST 2003

In a message dated 10/27/2003 8:52:58 PM Mountain Standard Time,
carynvnk at comcast.net writes:
And as I said, the impression he made has colored
my decision to stay in the SCA ever since.
Geee, and I could say much the same thing about both the first King I knew
(who also happens to be our current king) who showed that it was possible to be
both regal and riotously funny at the same time.  How could I resist a group
where ceremony is linked with fun and learning?

And even more so, a certain queen who exhibits what can only be termed a
"presence" whether she was sitting on the dais or on the "throne". <e.g.>   My
grandmother used to say "a lady is as a lady does".  I would expand that to "a
queen is as a queen does" and our former queen Caryn exhibited that in
everything from her speech to her carriage to her empathy.  In my time, short though it
has been, I have seen queens trumpeted into court and often just into a room
with grand names and much shouting and ceremony.  But my everlasting memory of
a true queen is and shall always be seeing Queen Caryn enter a room with no
announcement, no fanfare, and watching the room naturally turn and bow simply
because all recognized that our Queen had arrived.  That is what is known in
the military as "command presence" and what is known even today in European
communities as "royal presence".  An example we should hope to see more often.

Lady Constance de la Rose
Baron of Loch Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia

"Never say a thing's impossible,