[Artemisia] Wormwood

Dr. Helm-Clark no1home at onewest.net
Tue Oct 28 01:01:18 CST 2003

>        Yes, there is a reason the Precedence Herald is titled 'Wormwood'....
>    brendan

> And for all the Harry Potter fans, it is NOT because he/she can magically
> become a small scruffy white rat.  (at least I don't think he can)
> Lady Constance de la Rose

nope, if El Hermoso Dormido has any sort of animagus form,
it would definately be bovine since he is, after all, the man
of many moos (as anyone would likely notice after spending
time in his company).

As for Artemisia:
I kept wondering, after I moved here, what the connection was
between the SCA Artemisia and the Classical Greek (Ionian)
Queen Artemisia who, with her army, was present on the losing
side at Thermopolae.  Seriously!  It never crossed my mind that
the connection was with sagebrush (Linnean name: Artemisia
tridentata). And as for Wormwood, I did think it was a bit odd
to be calling a titled heraldic position after the third trumpet
tribulation out of the Apocolypse of St. John the Divine. I just
couldn't see the connection between a flaming meteorite which
poisoned the waters of the earth, turning them as bitter as
wormwood, and the order of precedence. Wow. Talk about dense!

ttfn
Slow-on-the-Uptake (formerly Therasia)