[Artemisia] E-Bay Pavilion Scam

Auraelia de Medici auraeliade at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 08:57:10 CDT 2004

Greetings!

I heard of someone who had been talking with Lady
Susana at Spring Fest who had purchased a pavilion for
a little better than $500 on E-bay.

Please be aware, there is a scam artist who has been
advertising a 16 x 16 Panther pavilion on e-bay for
some months now.  If you bid or inquire to the
auction, he will contact you directly to try to make a
direct sale. He will quote a price around $560 dollars
for both the tent and the shipping direct to you.  He
asks for a money order or he says he will use Pay Pal.
 He will then pull the auction.

This is a scam.
This is how to identify this perp:

He will have a 0 for feedback.  He is always changing
his e-mail address and seller ID and  then relisting
the same items under new seller information.

He will quote a to good to be true price and ask you
to work directly with him.

He has said he is from the US, UK, and Australia.
Someone else tracked him to actually being in
Bulgaria.

His ads always ask you to contact the seller before
bidding on his item.

He has many other items he is offering, same scam.

I hope that the person who was talking with Lady
Susana sees this and checks before sending any money.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Lady Auraelia

Been there, didn't fall for that.