[Artemisia] RE: Artemisia Digest, Vol 7, Issue 12

ravenmacleod at comcast.net ravenmacleod at comcast.net
Wed Apr 14 16:39:50 CDT 2004

As woody Allen once said “90% of life is just showing up” the jest is just what you do when you get there. And so it is with the SCA. We encourage you to explore a persona based on you individual interests and we ask that you at least make an attempt at pre 16th century clothing. But a courteous demeanor and an inquisitive nature are really all that are required.

Ways to get started are to kind of ask yourself, what time period am I interested in, do I want to try fighting, is there a specific art or craft that I am interested in? Personas, armor, garb and the like are a process you can ask just about anyone ant they will tell you that what they have now in this respect is greatly different than what they started with.

So come on out, ask some questions we’ll assimi….help you out :)

Yours,
Raven
Ex Scottish Samurai / Pirate guy…