[Artemisia] Statistics homework

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 13:04:58 CDT 2004

For those who don't know, I am about to finish up my second Bachelors degree
(Anthropology).  One of the last classes I have to take is "STAT 2070 -
Introductory Statistics for Social Science Majors".  I have a statistics
project that is due April 23rd.  It involves getting a structured stratified
response sample from a population.

First ... I must stress, please respond to me privately.  I am asking for
help with my statistics homework, but list moderators get grumpy when the
list is full with responses to questions like the ones I am about to ask.

Second ... the responses will be used for tabulation purposes only.  I will
not keep them on file, nor will I need names associated with responses.

Third ... I need responses from fifty males and fifty females all of whom
share a common thread ... hence I am using the SCA as my population.

WHEW ... now that that is out of the way ...

Here is the scenario.

"It is generally believed that women like "chic" flicks (thus the name) and
men don't.  Ti examine this speculation collect a "Good" sample (100
people).  Ask each person the following two questions:"

here are the two questions.

Are you male or female?  Male     Female

Do you like "chic" flicks?  Yes     No

your assistance with my homework would be greatly appreciated.  Again,
please respond to me privately on this, and THANKS for your help.

Cheers!

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

"It is a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word" ...
Thomas Jefferson

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com