[Artemisia] Regarding Gryphon's Fury

julia.jackman-brink "julia.jackman-brink" at umontana.edu
Mon Apr 19 12:08:18 CDT 2004

Greetings All from the Fury Staff, Past and Present.

The past eight months have been very busy with alot of negotiation,
searching, and heartwrenching. It should be known from the beginning
that this event was organized by many and the final decision-making was
the same.  We ask that our wishes and decisions be honored as this whole
process was not easy.

Gryphon's Fury is no more. There are alot of reasons we could list (lack
of suitable sites, weather, monies, volunteerism) but in the long run
they are just reasons. As a society we grow and evolve. Both as people
and with the events that we host to support our ideals.

Those ideals are the torch we bear. We are at a point in time where
those that carried the torch are ready to pass it off to the next
generation. That next generation will be birthed within the Kingdom of
An Tir. The principalities of the Inlands and Avacal will be the primary
hosts. It will likely have a new name but many of the same ideals and
concepts that propelled Gryphon's Fury to it's fame.

It is not likely that this event will happen this calendar year, but is
on the schedule for next season.  We have been led to understand that
contracts are being negotated for Farragut State Park. A site better
designed and manitained for large groups and well accustomed to the SCA.

We who designed, ran and carried Gryphon's Fury will be putting our
support behind this new event when it comes to be. We encourage those
who enjoyed and supported the Fury concept to carry it in their hearts
for that is the most important part we share.  It is our hope that the
populace used that spark to take them to other local events this year.
Some of those events are: Kingdom Collegia, Hearthwarming, Midge Marsh
and Raptor War.

Again, this is not a death but a re-birth.  Think not in sadness but in
joy as we have outgrown the intital spark that brought us all together.
  Change while stressful is not always a bad thing. Please feel free to
post this message to those who have an interest.

Yours in service and in spirit;

The Gryphon's Fury Staff (Past and Present)